*** If our goal is not reached all funds will go towards other Fish Day related expenses ***
We’ll miss seeing you at the 2021 Fish Day Run/Walk, but look forward to seeing you again in 2022!
Portal Inc will be hosting a virtual run, walk and roll this year.
July 2nd through July 19th
Learn more at www.portalinc.org
Or register at https://runsignup.com/Race/WI/AnyPlace/FishDayRunWalkVirtual
Again, we’ll see you at Fish Day in 2022!
After careful consideration of the current pandemic situation and related issues, and considering what is in the best interests of our visitors, volunteers, and community, Port Washington Fish Day will not be taking place in 2021. Fish Day President, Toni Brown, says: “While we hoped the festival could take place this July, we don’t see a path forward to producing the event we all know and love. Don’t worry, the “Worlds Largest One Day Fish Fry” will be back and better than ever for July 16, 2022. Thank you to all of our supporters and we look forward to seeing you next year.”
Do you like to draw?
Do you like graphic design?
How about putting your creative ideas towards designing artwork for this year’s
FISH DAY LOGO DESIGN CONTEST!
You are invited to design artwork used to promote the 2020 Portal Fish Day Run/Walk and the Port Washington Fish Day Festival.
Submitted artwork will be judged for:
- The graphic best representing the theme – “Fin-tastic Fun for Everyone”
Cash prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers.
The 1st place design is used on T-shirts and promotional materials for the Fish Day Run/Walk, benefiting Portal, as well as by the Port Washington Fish Day Festival. The individual submitting the winning design is invited to serve as Junior Parade Marshal for the Fish Day Parade on Saturday, July 18, 2020 in downtown Port Washington.
- All designs must be submitted to Portal, inc. by Monday, March 2, 2020.
- Artwork must be original and include elements reflecting theme (computer generated artwork preferred).
- The live matter area on the T-shirt is 11” x 11”.
- Design must be adaptable for use on t-shirt and marketing materials (i.e. poster, brochure, event button).
- Must be in color and can be up to four colors using silk screen inks (Black is considered a color, avoid using fluorescent colors).
- Final design and color selection is the responsibility of the selection committee and the printer.
- All designs must include:
- Theme: “Fin-tastic Fun for Everyone”
- Date: Saturday, July 18, 2020
- Location: Port Washington, WI
All designs must be submitted by Monday, March 2, 2020. Mailing address: Portal, inc., P.O. Box 65, Grafton, WI 53024-0065 or deliver to Portal, 1015 Cedar Creek Rd., Grafton (Monday-Friday 8 am-4 pm).
Please contact Marlene Morgan at 262-377-4410 regarding any questions.
Print or type your name, age, school, home address, phone number and email on the back of your design. This information must be included for your design to be considered.
Helpful Hints for Design:
- Fish Day is a celebration of fishing in Port Washington. Try to use Great Lakes sport fish (salmon, lake trout, rainbow trout, etc.) in your artwork – avoid using tropical fish or highly stylized fish.
- Avoid using trademarked art such as cartoon characters, action figures or other graphics requiring a royalty payment to use.
- A border around your design is not necessary; however, all required elements must fit within the 11” x 11” square – live matter may go out to the edge of the design limit.
- T-shirts are printed using up to four colors (black is a color). Since this is not four-color process lithography, you cannot add two colors to get a third (blue and yellow won’t make green via silk screen process). Also, shades of a color are more difficult to achieve.
Have fun and good luck!
Portal, inc. and Port Fish Day, Inc. reserve the right to accept, reject, or modify any designs submitted.
Looking for an opportunity to assist in the planning of Port Washington Fish Day?
Position descriptions are available by clicking the above position title.
Port Fish Day, Inc. is seeking several mature, professional, and enthusiastic team players to join the Volunteer Fish Day Committee
Eligible applicants must be able to successfully pass a background check.
Please submit your application or any questions to email@example.com
Port Fish Day is held on the 3rd Saturday of July every year in the beautiful historic harbor of Port Washington, WI.
By hosting an event that provides local charitable organizations with an opportunity to raise funds for their individual missions Port Fish Day enables many community events and giving programs.
St. John XXIII Men’s Society
Boy Scout Troop 875, Leaders Summer Camp Fees.
Boy Scout Troop 875, Camping Equipment.
Boy Scout Troop 855, Leaders Summer Camp Fees.
Cub Scout Pack 3855, Registration.
The Food Pantry, Food and Equipment Donations.
St. Simons Parish.
St. John XXIII Parking lot maintenance.
St. John XXIII Kitchen equipment (repaired or paid to have repaired.)
St. Mary’s Church (new roof) (donation.)
St. John XXIII paper product for meeting usage, (plates, coffee cups, napkins, etc.
Eagle Scout Projects
Port Exploreium ( Stair Donation)
Relay for Life
Lung Cancer (US Bank Building Climb)
Port Washington Lion Club
Lions Fish Cleaning Stations
PWHS Awards Banquets
Port Washington Food Pantry
Lions Bluff Shelter
Sight & Hearing Requests
Badger Boy & Girls
Port Washington Youth Baseball
WLF Wisconsin Lions Camp
LCIF Lions International
Port Washington-Saukville Rotary Club
Port Senior Center
Wounded Warrior Project
Paul Watry Scholarship fund
Port Soccer Club
Friends of Park & Rec
MS Society fund raiser
Zablocki Medical Center
VFW National Home for Children
Disabled Vet Fish Outing
Scout Troop 875
Relay for Life
Family Share Ozaukee County
Saukville Food Pantry
Advocates of Ozaukee County
WI Masonic Foundation (AED placements)
Port Yacht Club
The Port Washington Yacht Club’s Scholarship program offers one or more scholarships each year to graduating seniors who are residence of Port Washington that plan to pursue post-secondary education at a 2 or 4-year College, university, vocational-technical College, or proprietary school.
The PWYC donates annually to the Port Washington Waterfront Safety Committee and their initiatives. Boating and waterfront safety is promoted and supported with various seminars and presentations from guests speakers that are held at the club. The PWYC also holds an educational flair shoot annually that is open to all that allows boaters to safely dispense of expired flairs.
The PWYC supports various boating events including the Disabled Veteran’s Fishing Outing, the Venetian Night Boat Parade and others. The PWYC invites our members as well as non-members to be involved in our sail racing program
Port Washington Kiwanis Club
Week of the Young Child (WOYC) since 2001
Hippity Hop Easter Egg Hunt
Port Washington Child Wish June 2014-2018
Badger State Boys and Girls
Four Port Washington High School Scholarships
The Port Washington High School High Honors Banquet
Port Washington High School Key Club sponsor
Local Food Pantry
Aktion Club at Portal Inc. sponsor